State Agriscience Fair
Students who are interested in entering in the State Agrisciece Fair sponsored by Merck will need to submit the “registration” page (second tab) on the National Agriscience Fair application on or before April 23rd. These can either be e-mail or mailed to the State FFA Office.
Then the “completed report” (the abstract) as listed on the Application Checklist tab needs to be submitted on or before May 1st.
Below are some helpful hints from National FFA to assist in completing applications.
Agriscience Fair: Helpful Hints
- Consult the handbook and program webpage
- Use most recent version of the application (state staff signature addition on registration page)
- Include and sign ALL application forms
- Include ALL report components
- Encourage students to match headings in the report to the rubric and/or application checklist. A template is now available as a resource on the program webpage. The template is suggested, not required.
- Follow the rubric and/or application checklist to include all items
- Use APA style, check grammar/spelling, cite sources
- Staple the report and application together for submission
- No photos, binder, page protectors, colored/glossy paper
- Waiver and application status can be viewed on dashboard in certification page
- Advisors of national finalists should read through orientation packets when released
Agriscience Fair: Resources
- Program webpage: https://www.ffa.org/programs/awards/agrisciencefair/Pages/default.aspx
- Official Handbook: https://www.ffa.org/documents/agsci_handbook.pdf
- Application located on program webpage to download under “Agriscience Fair Forms and Applications”
- Research Resource Guide: https://www.ffa.org/documents/agsci_resource_guide.pdf
- Program Overview & Tips: https://www.ffa.org/documents/agrisci_tipsheet.pdf
- Report Template located on program webpage to download under “Agriscience Fair Forms and Applications”