Kansas FFA Association

Live Plant Dealers License

All live plant dealers are required to fill out an application either applying for the license or requesting the license exemption, regardless of the business type (profit, non-profit, club, etc.)  The license exemption is available to live plant dealers that do not import or export plants from the state of Kansas and have gross receipts of less than $10,000.  That means that if a live plant dealer sources plants from out of state, they must obtain and pay for a license regardless of how much they sell.  We strive to apply the license requirements equally across the state.


Lastly, you ask if you need to pay the fee or not.  It really depends on how much you sell and if you import or export plants from Kansas.  Regardless, you will need to fill out the application.  It is found on our website at: http://www.agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/plant-protect-weed-control/application-center under the live plant dealer heading.


More Stories

KAAE Educators Receive Awards at CTE Summer Conference

Reminder- FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge

Husker Harvest Days Food Drive


Governor Brownback Declares June is Kansas Dairy Month

2014 National Chapter Results Announced

2014 Kansas FFA Scholarships

National FFA Scholarships Announced

All News Stories