National Chapter Awards
The purpose of the National Chapter Award program is to encourage chapters to develop and use a POA. The key to a chapter's success is to plan its activities and then carry out that plan. The FFA rewards chapters for their accomplishments through the chapter award program. Chapters can apply for awards using the same committees and standards they use in their program of activities.
Includes activities that encourage students to work together and address quality standards in:
- Chapter recruitment activities conducted to increase agricultural education enrollment and/or FFA membership and encourage greater participation.
- Financial activities conducted to encourage thrift and good financial management among members through earnings, savings and investments.
- Public relations activities conducted to promote a positive image and inform students, parents, school officials and community about chapter members accomplishments.
- Leadership activities conducted to develop teamwork and cooperative skills among chapter officers, committees and members.
- Support group activities conducted to develop and maintain positive relations among the FFA, parents, community leaders and industry.
Includes cooperative activities with other groups that make the community a better place to live and work and address quality standards in:
- Economic activities conducted to improve the economic welfare of the community.
- Environmental activities conducted to preserve the natural resources and develop more environmentally responsible individuals.
- Human resources activities conducted to improve the welfare and well-being of members and citizens of the community.
- Citizenship activities conducted to promote and encourage members to become active, involved citizens of their school, community and country.
- Agricultural awareness activities conducted to help the public become better informed about the food system and related agricultural issues.
Includes personal and group activities that improve life skills and address quality standards in:
- Leadership activities that help the individual develop technical, human relations and decision-making skills to enhance personal success.
- Healthy lifestyles activities that promote the well-being and self-esteem of students, either mentally or physically.
- Supervised agricultural experience activities that promote student involvement and growth through agriculture-related experience and/or Entrepreneurship.
- Scholarship activities that develop a positive attitude toward lifelong learning experience.
- Agricultural career skills activities that develop agricultural occupation and career skills through a progressive learning environment.