Good Standing Policy
Approved by the Kansas FFA Executive Committee 3/18/2006
- To be in “Good Standing” with the Kansas FFA Association, chapters must meet the deadlines defined in Article IV Section D. Chapters missing a deadline will be assed a $ 50 late fee for each deadline, and will receive a 15-day grace period to complete the deadline requirements and pay the late fee.
- After 15 day grace period has passed a chapter who has failed to meet the deadlines and/or failed to pay the late fee will be declared “Not in Good Standing” and the following penalties will apply:
- Chapters (teams and individuals) may not participate above the state level. (Example: Chapter wins State CDE and does not make the Annual Report Deadline they will not be eligible compete in National FFA CDE at National Convention that fall, the national land judging contest in Oklahoma City, National Western Stock Show, or any other contest above the state level.)
- Chapters may participate at district and state levels, but will not be able to receive state team awards.
- “Not in Good Standing” status will apply for one full FFA award year.
- The Kansas FFA Association provides a calendar of dates, including the necessary deadlines that must be met. This will be considered official notification to all chapters in regards to the deadline dates. Chapter advisors and officers share the responsibility to find the deadlines in the yearly calendar. The Kansas FFA Association also recommends that all teachers read Thursday Thoughts for reminders. Reminders will also be posted on the website.