0815RentforFarm.cfm Malatya Haber How much rent should I get for my farm?
Home News Livestock Crops Markets Hay, Range & Pasture Home & Family Classifieds Resources This Week's Journal
Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizer

Farm Survey

Journal Getaways

Reader Comment:
by ohio bo

"An excellent essay on fairs that brought back many memories for me. In my part"....Read the story...
Join other discussions.

How much rent should I get for my farm?


University of Missouri (MU) Extension’s upcoming Farm Lease Program helps landowners and renters make decisions about renting farm ground.

Preregister by Sept. 6 for the Sept. 9 program at MU’s Forage Systems Research Center at 21262 Genoa Road near Linneus. Speakers’ presentations will be simultaneously broadcast to multiple locations by video. Viewing locations include the Adair County Extension Center in Kirksville, the Ralls County Extension Center in New London and the Randolph County Extension Center in Moberly.

“Farm leases continue to be a very hot topic right now with cash rents at their current level and landlords wanting to make certain they’re getting what they believe they should be,” says Joe Koenen, MU Extension agricultural business specialist. “There are many issues both farm landlords and tenants need to be aware of, and this program is designed to address these issues.”

During the three-hour program, attendees can learn about:

Types of leases;

Current cash rent rates and trends in Missouri;

When and how to legally terminate a farm lease;

Recreational (hunting) leases;

Livestock and crop-share arrangements;

Why and how leases should be written;

How leases in Missouri differ from other states;

Making improvements and repairs on the farm;

Conservation and improved farming practices;

Record keeping; and

Right of entry.

MU Extension agricultural business specialists Joe Koenen, Darla Campbell, Mary Sobba and Karisha Devlin will present the interactive program. Attendees can draw on these specialists’ extensive work with landlords and lessees to learn how to come to agreements that are clear and fair to both parties.

A fee for individuals and corporations includes a light meal and materials. For more information, call the Linn County Extension Center 660-895-5123 or email linnco@missouri.edu.

To register, contact your preferred viewing location:

Adair County: call 660-457-3469 or email campbelld@missouri.edu.

Ralls County: call 573-985-3911.

Randolph County: call 573-581-3231.

Date: 8/25/2014

Web hpj.com

Copyright 1995-2014.  High Plains Publishers, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Any republishing of these pages, including electronic reproduction of the editorial archives or classified advertising, is strictly prohibited. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at
High Plains Journal 1500 E. Wyatt Earp Blvd., P.O. Box 760, Dodge City, KS 67801 or call 1-800-452-7171. Email: webmaster@hpj.com


Archives Search

Inside Futures

Editorial Archives

Browse Archives