Malatya Haber USDA authorizes emergency haying, grazing of CRP acres for multiple counties
Home News Livestock Crops Markets Hay, Range & Pasture Home & Family Classifieds Resources This Week's Journal
Commerical Hay Equipment For The Farm
Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizer

Farm Survey

Journal Getaways

Reader Comment:
by Greater Franklin County

"Thanks for picking up the story about our Buy One Product Local campaign --- we're"....Read the story...
Join other discussions.

USDA authorizes emergency haying, grazing of CRP acres for multiple counties

USDA Colorado Farm Service Agency State Executive Director Leland Swenson announced that Las Animas, Huerfano, Adams, Arapahoe, Baca, Bent, Cheyenne, Kiowa, La Plata, Archuleta, Lincoln, Logan, Dolores, Montezuma, San Miguel, Morgan, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, Yuma, Prowers, Kit Carson. Phillips and Moffat Counties are authorized for emergency grazing and haying use of Conservation Reserve Program acres for fiscal year 2013.

According to Swenson, there may be additional counties added to this list in the coming days as they are reviewed and approved. The CRP emergency grazing authorization for fiscal year 2013 is effective on July 16. The last day to hay CRP will be Aug. 31 and graze CRP acres is Sept. 30.

In addition, it has been announced that Elbert County is authorized for emergency grazing only, affective on July 16 through Sept. 30.

Eligible producers who are interested in grazing or haying CRP under the emergency authorization and current CRP participants who choose to provide land for grazing to an eligible livestock producer must first request approval through their local FSA office to graze or hay eligible acreage and obtain a modified conservation plan from the Natural Resources Conservation Service to include grazing and haying requirements.

Additionally, there will be a 25 percent CRP payment reduction for CRP acres used for grazing and haying under these emergency provisions.

To take advantage of the emergency grazing provisions, authorized producers can use the CRP acreage for their own livestock or may grant another livestock producer use of the CRP acreage. The eligible CRP acreage is limited to acres located within the approved county.

SAFE contracts are not eligible for haying or grazing. New seeding that has not been determined established will also not be eligible for haying or grazing.

For more information and to request approval for emergency grazing of CRP acres contact your local FSA office or visit the web site at:

Date: 7/29/2013


Copyright 1995-2014.  High Plains Publishers, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Any republishing of these pages, including electronic reproduction of the editorial archives or classified advertising, is strictly prohibited. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at
High Plains Journal 1500 E. Wyatt Earp Blvd., P.O. Box 760, Dodge City, KS 67801 or call 1-800-452-7171. Email:


Archives Search

NCBA Convention

United Sorghum Checkoff Program

Inside Futures

Editorial Archives

Browse Archives