Malatya Haber Funding available to renovate shelterbelts, restore forested riparian areas
Home News Livestock Crops Markets Hay, Range & Pasture Home & Family Classifieds Resources This Week's Journal
Commerical Hay Equipment For The Farm
Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizer

Farm Survey

Journal Getaways

Reader Comment:
by Wheat_Harvest movie

"Thanks so much for the article! These are the types of people we hope to"....Read the story...
Join other discussions.

Funding available to renovate shelterbelts, restore forested riparian areas


Natural Resources Conservation Service State Conservationist Eric B. Banks, Salina, announced the availability of fiscal year 2013 funding for Kansas agriculture producers to renovate shelterbelts and restore forested riparian buffers under the Cooperative Conservation Partnership Initiative. Sign-up deadline to be considered for this fiscal year 2013 funding is Feb. 15. Producers need to contact their local NRCS office to sign up.

"Through the CCPI, the Kansas Forest Service, in partnership with NRCS, can address two areas of critical forestry needs--renovating shelterbelts and restoring forested riparian buffers in Kansas," said Banks.

"The CCPI fits nicely into the renovating and restoring efforts," said Larry Biles, Kansas Forest Service State Forester. "Many shelterbelts in Kansas and throughout the central Great Plains are old and are no longer providing the benefits that they used to. This is also true of forests along rivers and streams."

CCPI provides assistance through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program. In Kansas, socially disadvantaged, limited resource, and beginning farmers and ranchers will receive a higher payment rate for conservation practices related to CCPI.

Additional information specific to CCPI projects, or to sign an application, stop by your USDA Service Center and visit with the NRCS staff. The website offers information at For more information about other natural resources conservation programs, please contact your local NRCS office or conservation district office. The office is located at your local USDA Service Center (listed in the telephone book under United States Government or on the internet at More information is also available on the Kansas website at

Date: 2/4/2013


Copyright 1995-2014.  High Plains Publishers, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Any republishing of these pages, including electronic reproduction of the editorial archives or classified advertising, is strictly prohibited. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at
High Plains Journal 1500 E. Wyatt Earp Blvd., P.O. Box 760, Dodge City, KS 67801 or call 1-800-452-7171. Email:


Archives Search

NCBA Convention

United Sorghum Checkoff Program

Inside Futures

Editorial Archives

Browse Archives