American Salers Association recognizes Top Performance Breeders
Salers producers are aware of the importance of performance data and accurate reporting in proper and complete contemporary groups. The American Salers Association recognizes Salers producers with the annual Performance Breeder of the Year Award, which were presented at the 38th annual Salers Association Banquet on Jan. 20. Points are awarded for the performance trait areas of calf birth weight, calf weaning weight, and cow data points of body condition score, hip height and weight. These data points are then awarded based on the number of active inventory numbers per herd per year. Two categories exist in the Salers breed: producers with 10 to 50 active females in the inventory, and producers having greater than 50 females in their inventory. The 2012 winners are calculated for the 2012 calf crop.
Performance Breeder of the Year 2012 (over 50 head)
1. Elm Creek Ranch, Hebron, N.D.
2. Figure 4 Cattle Co., Eckert, Colo.
3. Weyer Ranch Salers, Wibaux, Mont.
4. Parke Ranch, Drummond, Mont.
5. Diamond J Farms, Somerset, Ky.
6. MJB Ranch, Lodge Grass, Mont.
7. Skinner Ranches, Hall, Mont.
8. Z7 Bar Ranch LLC, Tulsa, Okla.
9. Panther Country Salers, Leigh, Neb.
10 Jasperson Cattle Co., Goshen, Utah
Performance Breeder of the Year 2012 (10 to 50 head)
1. Williams Polled Salers, Gardner, Kan.
2. Southern Eagle Ranch, Evington, Va.
3. Neben Ranch, Lexington, Neb.
4. Bruntz Salers, Bazine, Kan.
5. Rob Bodine, Voltaire, N.D.
The American Salers Association, with headquarters in Parker, Colo., is the Salers breed's leadership voice that records, protects and promotes Salers cattle. The ASA has represented Salers breeders across the nation since 1974.