Katy Trail Fact Sheet
1. There are shuttle services, which will carry you and your bike from one point to another.
2. It is possible to ride Amtrak with your bike to some point on the trail and then pedal back from that point.
3. Camping is not allowed along the trail, however there are several private campground and public parks that allow camping.
4. Bikes can be rented at several businesses along the trail.
5. The trail is flat and easily reached by wheelchair from most of the trailheads. Specialized equipment can be rented at the Katy Bike Rental in Defiance which offers wheelchair bike and handcycles.
6. The Missouri state park system does not charge entrance fees. There are fees associated with camping, lodging, tours, museums, and certain special events.
7. Pets must be kept on leaches at all times. Pets, other than service dogs, are not allowed in any state park/historic site building including cabins and motels.
8. The Missouri state parks are open year-round. Generally, water is turned off in most of the campgrounds Nov. 1 and turned on again April 1. The electricity is on year-round.
9. Information in Missouri state parks can be found at www.mostateparks.com.
10. More information on the Katy Trail can be found at www.bikekatytrail.com. There are also several very good guidebooks in print.