1026KSFSAbiomassconversionk.cfm 1026KSFSAbiomassconversionk.cfm Two biomass conversion facilities available for Kansas producers under BCAP
Home News Livestock Crops Markets Hay, Range & Pasture Home & Family Classifieds Resources This Week's Journal
Commerical Hay Equipment For The Farm
Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizer

Farm Survey

Journal Getaways

Reader Comment:
by Wheat_Harvest movie

"Thanks so much for the article! These are the types of people we hope to"....Read the story...
Join other discussions.

Two biomass conversion facilities available for Kansas producers under BCAP


Adrian J. Polansky, state executive director of USDA's Farm Service Agency in Kansas announces two biomass conversion facilities are available for Kansas producers under the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP).

BCAP assists agriculture and forest land owners and operators with matching payments for the amount paid for the collection, harvest, storage, and transportation (CHST) of eligible materials by a qualified Biomass Conversion Facility (BCF); and supports establishing and producing eligible crops for the conversion to bioenergy through project areas.

The program provides matching payments for the sale and delivery of eligible material to a qualified BCF. Payments to eligible materials owners will be at the rate of $1 for each $1 per dry ton paid by the qualified BCF, limited to a maximum $45 per dry ton not to exceed a 2 year payment duration.

To become an eligible BCF, facilities must submit an agreement and other documentation to the Kansas FSA State Office, 3600 Anderson Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66503 for approval. Obtain a list of eligible materials and BCF agreement at www.fsa.usda.gov then click on 'Energy Programs' in the left column. Contact Rod Winkler at 785-539-3534 with additional questions.

To date, the following facilities have been approved as qualifying Biomass Conversion Facilities for producers in Kansas counties:

--Prairie Fire BioEnergy Cooperative, 97 W. Hwy 4, Healy, KS 67850, Phone 620-398-2370.

--Show Me Energy Cooperative, 102 S.W. 58 Highway, Centerview, MO 64019-0177, Phone 660-656-3780.

Producers with contracts to deliver eligible biomass materials to an approved BCF must file an application at the local FSA county office before sale or delivery of the materials to be eligible for the CHST payments. Contact the local USDA Service Center for more details.

Web hpj.com

Copyright 1995-2014.  High Plains Publishers, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Any republishing of these pages, including electronic reproduction of the editorial archives or classified advertising, is strictly prohibited. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at
High Plains Journal 1500 E. Wyatt Earp Blvd., P.O. Box 760, Dodge City, KS 67801 or call 1-800-452-7171. Email: webmaster@hpj.com


Archives Search

NCBA Convention

United Sorghum Checkoff Program

Inside Futures

Editorial Archives

Browse Archives