0504cattlemensballMRpmHTM.cfm Malatya Haber Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska to feature Ricky Van Shelton
Home News Livestock Crops Markets Hay, Range & Pasture Home & Family Classifieds Resources This Week's Journal
Commerical Hay Equipment For The Farm
Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizer

Farm Survey

Journal Getaways

Reader Comment:
by Greater Franklin County

"Thanks for picking up the story about our Buy One Product Local campaign --- we're"....Read the story...
Join other discussions.

Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska to feature Ricky Van Shelton


Country music artist Ricky Van Shelton will be featured at the third annual Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska to be held June 3, at the Haythorn Ranch, near Arthur, NE.

In addition to five platinum and three gold albums, Shelton has had 12 hit singles.

Other event activities include an art show, a general store, cowboy poetry, music by the Messengers 4 and a dance featuring the music of Blackwater. Jerry Dias, a one-armed cowboy who was judged Entertainer of the Year by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, also will perform, as well as the Front Street Crystal Palace Review, an entertainment troupe whose performance is highlighted by reenactments of scenes from the Old West.

The 2000 Cattlemen's Ball will be hosted by Craig and Jody Haythorn, Haythorn Ranch, world-renowned as the single largest producer of American Quarter Horses in the United States and the third largest in the world.

"We have had cancer in our family and would really like to do anything we can to help raise money for cancer research," said Jody Haythorn, 2000 Cattlemen's Ball host.

The Cattlemen's Ball is held to promote beef in a healthy diet and to showcase rural Nebraska. All of the money raised will stay in Nebraska, with 90% of the proceeds going toward research projects at the University of Nebraska Medical Center Eppley Cancer Center. The remaining 10% raised at this year's ball will be directed to health care in the Ogallala area. The UNMC Eppley Cancer Center received $140,000 for cancer research from the 1999 Cattlemen's Ball, held at the Robb Ranch, near Lexington, NE.

Top Hand ticket holders ($50) may attend Saturday afternoon and evening activities, beginning at 1 p.m. Top Hand tickets will be $60 after April 30. Trailboss ticket holders ($500) receive a champagne reception, commemorative gift, brunch and preferred seating for the evening dinner and concert. Tickets are limited.

For more information and to purchase tickets, contact the Ogallala-Keith County Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau, at 1-800-658-4390.

Year 2000 archives

Web hpj.com

Copyright 1995-2014.  High Plains Publishers, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Any republishing of these pages, including electronic reproduction of the editorial archives or classified advertising, is strictly prohibited. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at
High Plains Journal 1500 E. Wyatt Earp Blvd., P.O. Box 760, Dodge City, KS 67801 or call 1-800-452-7171. Email: webmaster@hpj.com


Archives Search

NCBA Convention

United Sorghum Checkoff Program

Inside Futures

Editorial Archives

Browse Archives